It’s been so cold here in Copenhagen for the last week or so, not getting warmer than minus 1 c. The sea at Amager Strand has started to freeze with a phenomena called grødis (translation porridge ice) which is also known as frazil ice.
It is very freaky as you can see in this video.
Believe it or not there were many people plunging into the grødis.
There are some warnings if you fancy experiencing what is described as the ultimate winter bathing experience.
- You must take really good care of yourself and others.
- Agree with each other when you go into the water / ice so there is always someone watching you and keeping an eye on you.
- Stay close to the stairs and do not get under the ice.
- Getting under the ice is life threatening.
- Also be aware that you can cut yourself on the ice.
I hope you enjoy this short video, please do subscribe and like! Many thanks and do stay safe.